The easiest way to upload your images is via our website, which will show you a visual preview of your print. Please read through the information below to familiarise yourself with our artwork requirements.
The maximum upload size for a single image is 225 MB, which allows you a maximum pixel dimension of 30,000 in width or height; our online system will reject files exceeding this number of pixels. In most scenarios, you should get your files below this size (and we highly recommend using our uploader).
A quick tip: Use our action shortcut art.new to start the upload process.
Image colour mode and file type
We accept both JPEG and TIFF formats but recommend that you save your file as a JPEG in the highest quality as there's no difference in print quality between this and a TIFF, which will shorten the upload time. Quality loss only occurs if you re-edit and re-save a JPEG rather than edit the original file and re-output it as a JPEG.
You should save your image:
- As a JPEG (at high quality) or TIFF (with LZW compression)
- In one of the following colour profiles: AdobeRGB, sRGB or Grayscale (B&W images)
- In 8-bit file format
- At 300ppi (pixels per inch/dots per inch)
You should convert your image to one of the above profiles and save it, as we can't guarantee accurate colour reproduction if the file is not supplied in the correct format. For more information on soft-proofing, see this page.
Notes on resolution:
- If you're sending us files as compressed TIFFs, you can use a 240ppi resolution (we only require 300ppi for JPEG as this maintains the correct print size within our print application, but the effect on print quality in 99% of cases is negligible).
- If you are printing computer-generated images such as vector or line art. In that case, sending us your image at 360ppi resolution is better to avoid interpolation that can cause unwanted effects such as moiré pattern.
Notes on sharpening:
- We do not apply any sharpening by default, so artwork should be pre-sharpened in your image editing software to your preference.
We highly recommend using our uploader to preview and order your prints. Find the relevant product and click Upload now.