Please make sure you have obtained a quote from us and we have given you an order number before you send us your file(s)
You can upload your images using our website, which will show you a visual preview of your print. However, if you're sending us artwork for a size or product not listed or would prefer to transfer your files via a file transfer service, please follow the instructions below:
1. Set your image size and bleed
• Giclee prints – No bleed required, but please include any border in the image file.
• Canvas prints – 56mm on each edge for image wraps. See a visual representation and more info of this here.
• Perspex mounts – 5mm on each edge
• MDF mounts – 5mm on each edge
• Di-Bond mounts – 5mm on each edge
• Photo Blocks – 2mm on each edge
• Gatorboard mounts – No bleed required
• Framed prints – 5mm on each edge (the bleed will be hidden behind the frame rebate or mount)
2. Set your image colour mode
We accept both JPEG and TIFF formats, but recommend that you save your file as a JPEG in highest quality as there’s no difference in print quality between this and a TIFF and will shorten the upload time. Quality loss only occurs if you re-edit and save a JPEG rather than editing the original file and re-outputting as a JPEG.
You should save your image:
- As a JPEG (at high quality) or TIFF (with LZW compression)
- In AdobeRGB, sRGB colour mode or Grayscale is acceptable for B&W images
- In 8-bit file format
- At 300ppi (pixels per inch / dots per inch)
Notes on resolution:
- If you're sending us files as compressed TIFFs you can use a 240ppi resolution (we only require the 300ppi for JPEG as this maintains the correct print size but does not influence print quality).
- If you are printing computer-generated images such as vector or line art it is better to send us your image at 360ppi resolution to avoid interpolation that can cause unwanted effects such as moiré pattern.
Notes on sharpening:
- We do not apply any sharpening by default so artwork should be pre-sharpened in your image editing software to your preference.
3. Transfer your images to us
To send us your file(s), you can email it to us if it is just a single file below 7mb. If it is larger than this we recommend using our own file transfer tool which is quick and easy to use. Just visit http://point101.wetransfer.com and follow the instructions to send us your files and include your order number (if you already have one) or any relevant details. Alternatively you can use your favourite file transfer tool - such as Dropbox or Hightail.
If you require more information please do not hesitate to contact us.