We accept both JPEG and TIFF formats, but recommend that you save your file as a JPEG in highest quality as there’s no difference in print quality between this and a TIFF and will shorten the upload time. Quality loss only occurs if you re-edit and save a JPEG rather than editing the original file and re-outputting as a JPEG.
You should save your image:
- As a JPEG (at high quality) or TIFF (with LZW compression)
- In AdobeRGB or sRGB colour space
- In 8-bit file format
- At 300ppi (pixels per inch / dots per inch)
- Flattened without layers
- Do not include Alpha channels
You can use our online tool to select a border for your image or alternatively include your own custom border within the file itself and select the "no border" option when ordering online.
Notes on resolution:
- If you're sending us files as compressed TIFFs you can use a 240ppi resolution (we only require the 300ppi for JPEG as this maintains the correct print size but does not influence print quality).
- If you are printing computer-generated images such as vector or line art it is better to send us your image at 360ppi resolution to avoid interpolation that can cause unwanted effects such as moiré pattern.
Notes on sharpening:
- We do not apply any sharpening by default so artwork should be pre-sharpened in your image editing software to your preference.
The maximum upload size for a single image is 175 MB and the maximum number of megapixels that we accept within a file is 200 (approximately 14,000 x 14,000px if square for instance), files exceeding this number of pixels will be rejected by our online system but we can organise prints for these files in a different way, just contact us for more information.
If you’re not using our upload system, make sure you save your file at the size you’d like us to print it at with the relevant bleed. Our prices are based on print-ready images, but we can set up files that need extra work for £3 - £5 per image. Make sure your files are print ready by following the instructions above or call us for more information.